Thursday, June 18, 2015

Even before Encyclical, "Laudato Si" was released, some Catholics be like…



In the last day or two it seemed like some Catholics be like the emu's and ostrich dealing with the weasel ball in this video.

Here is the text of "Laudato Si", the Pope's widely anticipated Encyclical.  Don't let others tell you what's in it; use your God-given faculties to find out yourself.

Last night, I had to stop reading certain sites and threads because the nit-picking rate made it seem like the Internet was having a grand mal seizure.  I'll discuss thoughts after I've read the document myself, rather than rely on excerpts that could be missing a key piece of context.  I would encourage you to do the same.  If you have time to watch TV, be on the internet, or time to comment on lots of other people's excerpts, just read the thing yourself.  If you read 20 pages per day, you will be done with it in 10.  If you read 10 pages every day, you'll be done in 20.  This way, when you see commentaries, you can be well informed.

Try this: Don't make a public opinion one way or the other until YOU have read it YOURSELF. That's my plan, so you won't be hearing from me until I'm done with it, and I'm a slow reader. I will time myself though just out of curiosity.






Visit GrottoCast.com for audio homilies from Assumption Grotto and more.


For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.