Friday, March 13, 2009

The Funeral of Fr. Val Rykowski

Fr. Val left Sts Cyril & Methodius in an old Packard Henney (I believe it is a 1948, but someone correct me if I'm wrong)



I didn't think I would get to attend the funeral of Fr. Val because I needed to get some things done at work with a deadline. I managed to get it all done Tuesday morning and decided to go to the Mass on Wednesday.


What follows are pictures I took, with Fr. Ben's permission, during the funeral Mass for our beloved Fr. Val Rykowski.


The main celebrant for the funeral Mass, was Fr. Jerry Rykowski, the brother of Fr. Val. There were about 25 priests and some 80 altar boys for the Mass. Fr. Ben Kosnac delivered the homily.


You have permission to copy/save photos to your computer in order to make prints, or for later viewing, etc. However, DO NOT copy them from this blogpost as they are low-resolution and will not look good when printed or made into photographs. Rather, go to my Smugmug gallery for the funeral and save from there. Sales of of my photos are prohibited.



























Want to see many more photos from the funeral? Go to my Smugmug gallery. I believe prints can be ordered through Smugmug, which you are free to use. I get nothing from these purchases. Sales of my photos are prohibited. However, you may print them, save them to your computer, burn the to disk, make photographs, etc., for personal use.

Instructions for saving pics from Smugmug: Simply follow the link below. When you see a pic you want to copy to your computer, single-click it first. When it is isolated in a window on the right, place your cursor over to the far side and a pop-up menu with sizes will appear. I recommend choosing "Original", then do a right-click, "save as". You will get print resolution.

Go to my gallery for Fr. Val Rykowski's funeral to view all of the photos shown in this post, and many more.

Want to just see an online slideshow? Follow this link to a slideshow of Fr. Val's funeral with all pictures taken by me Wednesday. I recommend setting the speed to fast.


To read testimonials on Fr. Val's holiness, please see my original post: And, God loves you too Fr. Val. Feel free to contribute any time to the testimonials already there.


The Sts Cyril & Methodius webmaster, Rick, has made many updates to the parish website with everything from audio and video, to more photos and various links. Go visit Sts Cyril & Methodius homepage.





The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!