Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Of all the things we must do on this American holiday of Thanksgiving, is to give thanks to God. At the top of my list is a thanks to Him, the Author of life for creating me and giving me an opportunity to be with Him for all eternity. I thank Him for the Mother to whom he sent me, who said, "yes" to life. I thank Him for the job that enables me to have a roof over my head, food on my table, for the heat that keeps me warm, and the water I can get right out of a faucet in my home. I thank Him for my family and friends.
Among my many other thanks to God is my thanks for a great parish - Assumption Grotto, with her many faithful priests who teach the faith with great clarity and simplicity. I am grateful that they give of themselves generously with all of the sacraments, especially the Mass and Confession. I am thankful too that they pass along this great heritage of the Catholic faith in all of its fullness and richness. Without it, I wouldn't have come to appreciate the Real Presence in the Eucharist, Adoration, and how to appreciate that I can come to know Jesus even better through his own Mother, whom was given to all mankind with those famous words on the Cross, "behold your Mother!"
For these and many other things, I now head out the door to Holy Mass. Assumption Grotto always has a good turnout at their annual 9:00am Thanksgiving Day Mass. It's a new tradition for me - one that never crossed my mind until I found this parish in 2005.
Oh - and thank God for blog readers. I include you all in my intentions this morning.
Te Deum Laudamus! Home


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!