Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sidebar modifications and translation tool

I have been making some modifications to my sidebar and I'm trying to get caught up to speed with various feed tools. Any advice in the combox or at my blog email - TeDeumBlog@gmail.com would be welcome, especially if someone wants to test them out.

I want to do more in the way of feeds, but I could use to know what people want to see. It's my understanding that the button I have added allows you to choose from many feeds.

On the language tool, the old one was broke when I added something else. I could not fix it. I have added a new one from Babelfish, but I don't think it covers as many languages. If someone was reading in a particular language, please let me know and I'll see if the existing babelfish tool can be edited, or get a new one.

I have not had time to modify my header yet, also on my project list.

I would like to understand more about feeds and how they relate to something like my Palm Centro. I have internet capability, but cannot really view any of the common blogs I go to because they don't look right on the small screen. I would like to read Fr. Z's blog on my Palm Centro and that one seems impossible. Someone explain how I might be able to read simple text. I don't mean to show my ignorance, but ignorance is as ignorant does!

I have found mobile sites that are easier to read, but if I have to scroll sideways, it's almost impossible to keep up with. Not all news sites have a mobile edition online, but if you are aware of any please link them for me in the combox so I can grab them later with my phone browser.

Now that I've revealed my ignorance on these matters, please......HELP!



Te Deum Laudamus! Home