Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rich Lowry on Pope Benedict and the Dictatorship of Relativism

Aside from Pope John Paul II getting my attention with his death at a time when I had become pretty indifferent interiorly toward's my faith, I would attribute my turning to the Lord to the former Cardinal Ratzinger and his pre-conclave address. It was in that address that he used the words, "dictatorship of relativism". I tried brush off the expression, but it kept haunting me in every paper, every news channel, and the radio. I didn't even know what relativism meant and finally, after seeing it for the umpteenth time, looked it up in the dictionary:

Philos. any theory of ethics or knowledge based on the idea that all values or judgments are relative, differing according to circumstances, persons, cultures, etc


Rich Lowry, the editor of the National Review, posted an editorial on this very subject and Fr. Z comments throughout.

Conversi ad Dominum!

Go read, NatReview: Rich Lowry - editor on “Dictatorship of Relativism”


Te Deum Laudamus! Home