Monday, September 17, 2007

So much to post; so little time....

Folks,

Due to an intense, upcoming work-cycle on my real job, I'm short on time.

I've had so much to bring to you that I am finding out there, in addition to wanting to continue several series I have started, including the most recent series on GIRM 160 with regards to the N.O. I want to re-emphasize that we will not totally abandon discussion of the reform of the reform, of the newer Mass - now called the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite. Here is what we have on GIRM 160 thus far, if you are new to the blog:

Part 1: GIRM 160 (Introductory Post)
Part 2: Holy See clarifies GIRM 160 in November of 2000
Part 2.5: US Adapations to GIRM Approved for Submission
Part 3: Holy See Responds to US Adapations with Suggestions

I just want to explain that many of us have a huge learning curve having either fully embraced the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite - now to be celebrated weekly at 9:30am Sundays at Grotto, or at least wanting to test the waters with it. For this reason, there will be much content related to the "Old Mass". I am learning, and as I learn, I will post for your benefit. It is my hope that those who understand this Mass far better than I will add to our discussion in the comboxes.

I have gotten reminders about other series I started and we will get back into those soon. These include:

Series on Romano Guardini's book, Sacred Signs
Series on Altar Boy Program at Grotto

I also want to point you to some blogs you should visit for beautiful pictures from Solemn High Masses and Pontifical Masses which took place all around the world starting Friday. I wish I could name all the blogs, but am short on time.

I am going to ask fellow bloggers to drop their photo post links into this combox, or others who happen upon them. These are two good blogs to start with:

The New Liturgical Movement
What Does the Prayer Really Say?

MP3's and Video of the Solemn High Mass on EWTN are now online (scroll down).

Deo Gratias!


Te Deum Laudamus! Home