Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sancta Missa: Online Tutorial on the Traditional Latin Mass (1962 Missal)



Just having posted a sermon of the Rev. Scott Haynes, SJC on the 100th Anniversary of 'Pascendi Domini Gregis' - Pope St. Pius X reminds me that I wanted to draw attention to something offered to us by the Society of St. John Cantius: An online tutorial on the Traditional Latin Mass according to the 1962 Missal. This site is ongoing in it's development, but what a sweet thing it is now.

Those sections that are bold above are live. The gray sections are in development.

There is a section which looks very promising - an online tutorial for priests, which contains video. There is more coming here.

Then, there are the rubrics.

And, now there is a new section on Learning to Serve at the Altar.

This is an awesome piece of work on the web, and very much needed. It will be interesting to see it in a year from now.

There is something I would like to see available at this site, and I am going to put my request in to the webmaster, who is the Rev. Scott Haynes: Make some nice sidebar icons for blogs and websites so we can add it with more attention.

I also see some things that I had intended for AdOrientem.com which are in development. I don't know the direction this site will take now that Grotto will shift to include the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. That is why I suspended development for the time being. It will eventually become my home site, but it will take me some time to determine what it is that the site will offer.

Go visit: SanctaMissa.org

Te Deum Laudamus! Home